Virgin Atlantic

• Thread starter Anonymous
  • Ημερομηνία δημιουργίας
A

Anonymous

2 nea apo autin tin megali eteria me to "trelo" afentiko tis:

- I Virgin simfonise me tin Airbus na argisi i paradosi kata 1,5 hrono pros ta piso.

- O Richard Branson etimazei na idirsi mia kainouria eteria: tin Virgin USA i opia tha ektili ptisis Low Cost. theli malista na agorasi 50 aeroplana :shock:
apo tin Boeing i tin Airbus

Diapragmatevete taftoxrona tin agora 20 aeroskafon typou 340/777 gia peretero afksisi dromologion.

Episis pithanes vaseis gia tin nea etereia tou stin Ameriki ine to SFO kai JFK!

Episima i etereia anakoinose oti akomi den exoun aposisei tin teliki esoteriki diarithmysi tou aeroskafous (theseis, systimata, ktl.) kai epipleon kanena apo ta aerodromia pou skopevei na xrisimopoiisei ta A380 den provlepete na einai etoimo including LHR!!! Nomizo oti pros to paron mono to MUC borei na xeiristei to aeroskafos.

Reuters
Virgin USA Airline Startup Eyes NY, SF
Monday May 24, 10:24 am ET

NEW YORK (Reuters) - British entrepreneur Richard Branson said on Monday the Virgin USA startup airline, which is tentatively set to launch sometime next year, has narrowed its choices for a home city to San Francisco or New York.

Speaking at an entrepreneurs' summit, Branson said the carrier, which does not yet have a name, route structure or airplanes, was considering buying aircraft from Boeing (NYSE:BA - News) or Airbus.

"I can't at this stage confirm whether it's going to be Airbus or Boeing ... I think the airline is going to need about 50 planes," he said.

The United States currently restricts foreign ownership of U.S. airlines, allowing a maximum 25 percent voting stake and 49 percent total equity. Some industry experts have expressed concern about how Branson plans to deal with the restrictions and whether he would truly cede control.

Fred Reid, former president of Delta Air Lines (NYSE:DAL - News), is spearheading the Virgin USA start-up from New York and is said to be busy trying to line up investors.

"We will not own the airline," Branson said in response to a question about the ownership laws. "It will be owned by American companies, and American companies will run the airline. We will have a stake in the airline -- we will license the Virgin brand to it."

Last month, sources familiar with the matter told Reuters that Virgin USA executives told Boeing Commercial Airplanes executives in Seattle they were out of the running for the airplane order, although they cautioned that jet deals often change up to the last minute.

The Virgin order would likely be the largest order from the United States this year, as most American carriers remain mired in a deep financial downturn and are not thinking about buying planes but rather just trying to make money.

US Virgin chooses bases in two states
By Caroline Daniel in Chicago
Published: June 6 2004 18:28 | Last Updated: June 6 2004 18:28

The proposed new Virgin-branded US airline will on Monday announce it has picked San Francisco as its principal base of operations, and New York as its corporate headquarters, and that it hopes to create 3,000 jobs over the next five years.

Fred Reid, who left as president of Delta to become chief executive of the new airline, said: "Culturally, New York and San Francisco reflect the Virgin brand's fun, dynamic style, making them ideal places for us to recruit creative, skilled employees."

The announcement that it would pick two states for its operations brings to an end a period of extensive courtship of Virgin executives by potential state suitors, including officials from Virginia, Boston, New York and San Francisco. Virgin executives were lobbied with everything from economic incentives to marketing gimmicks, such as lobsters adorned with Virgin luggage tags and surfers dressed in Virgin-red trunks.

Virgin said San Francisco had offered $15m in incentives, including training grants, while New York is offering $11m in aid. The bulk of the new jobs will be in California, where Virgin will create 1,500 new jobs. Mr Reid, in an interview with the Financial Times, said that picking two states had enabled it to "maximise generous incentives".

Although some analysts have expressed concern about San Francisco, citing its reputation for bad weather at SFO airport, which has caused frequent delays, Mr Reid said his decision to pick the city for the operational centre did not mean it would be its key hub. "The headquarters decision is not a hub decision. San Francisco will be a very, very important market, and so will Los Angeles and New York and Boston. Choosing our operational base does not mean 75 per cent of our flights will be out of San Francisco."

Mr Reid said he expected to announce the name of the new airline "within two weeks". He also remains in talks with potential equity partners. Under current US regulations, Sir Richard Branson, the British entrepreneur who created the Virgin brand, is not allowed to hold a majority stake in the airline. "This is a straight-up, fully compliant with the law, US domestic airline which will be funded with a strong capital base," said Mr Reid.

Although some labour unions have expressed resistance to foreign ownership of US airlines, the decision to select San Francisco and New York, gives the new airline two high-profile political supporters in Senator Hillary Clinton and Arnold Schwarzenegger, governor of California. In a statement, Mr Schwarzenegger said the announcement confirmed his economic message that "California is open for business".

Virgin is expected to order a fleet of up to 30 Airbus aircraft - a mix of A319s and A320s - worth about $1.6bn at current list prices.

.......RESPECT.... to the one man's vision..........

Den paizetai o Branson me tipota.Opou alloi kanoun thn kota aytos tolma!

tha me endiefere to metohiko kathestos ton aeroporikon eterion tou Branson. Kapou akousa oti 50 % tis Virgin Atlantic kai tis Virgin Blue anikoun stin Singapore, alitheuei afto? Episis stin Ameriki apagoreuete na anikoun se enan kseno pano apo 25 % mias amerikanikis eterias. aftos eitan o logos pou o Branson den psonistike stin Jet blue. Pos to elise to problima tora stin Virgin america ??